Wednesday, November 12, 2014

BakItFun - Silicone Baking Mat

Baking Mat



Anything that makes baking.. an cleaning up after, are my favorite things to have! I do all the 
baking and most of the cooking in my household.. which means I'm most usually stuck with all the clean up as well. I mean baking cookies isnt too big of a deal, it can get messy.. and doing batch after batch on the same pan does end in some sticking and burning on. So when I got the oppertunaty to try out this silicone baking mat, I was pretty excited. Right now, I do a lot of baking.. I actually make cookies and sale them. So I'm making 10 - 12 dozen at a time. I've used silicone cupcake things before and loved those! So, I figured this wouldnt be any differant. 

This time, my brother was wanting to make cookies for his friends. So, I got a chance right away 
to try this out! Yay. So, I did as the instructions said and washed the mat in warm water and dried it before using. ( It says that step will only have to be done before the first use ). OK, so we started.. Bacon Maple Cookie ( have yah seen those at the store? Their not bad actually.. all I tasted was maple )



 I couldnt find the cookie sheet so we just used a pizza pan. HA. A cookie sheet would probably be easier.. leveler. Ours browned on the bottoms uneven. Oh well. We made the mounds as big as the circles on the mat. I didnt really know how big they would cook to be, trial and error. It all worked out though the cookies came out perfect in size!

 The box the mat came in did say cooking time might be differant. It was too, they cooked faster. the bottoms actually browned nicely and they were still chewy. I'd have to say I like how they came out better then just using the cookie sheets alone.

 Clean up was soo much easier too.. just whipped off the pan and rinsed the baking sheet. My brother said he liked it cause he didnt have to keep asking me if he was making the cookies too big, they all came out the same size.

  Also, this baking mat could help while rolling out dough, becasue the measurements on the sides. Thats pretty handy, also make cleaning up easier.. I hate rolling out dough, it always sticks to the counter! This will make it easier.


Our finished product! Fresh baked Maple Bacon flavored cookie! Yum. OK, So, wondering 
where to get this very helpful, handy, Silicone Baking Mat? Well, their available on Amazon! ( Isn't that handy too, dont even gotta go to the store! ) :) If you'd like to get one.. or two, they make great gifts for the bakers in our families! You can order them right here!!





DISCLAIMER:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment