Friday, September 12, 2014

Number One Nutrition - Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM

Glucosamine




What is glucosamine? Well, that was my first though. So I did some research while waiting for 
my bottle to get to me! :) I know my mom and dad both talked about getting some. So I thought, hey Im getting all this stuff to try and its all actually kinda useful so why not get something for them! :) Before though, I wanted to know exactly what it was for! 

Turns out glucosamine is a naturally occuring substance that in the fluid around our joints. Its naturally presant in animal bones, bone marrow, fungi, and shellfish. It plays a role in building cartilage. 

In some people this cartlage breaks down and becomes thin, which results in joint friction, pain and stiffness. Now glucosamine supplents either increase the cartilage an fluid surrounding the joints or help prevant breakdown, or it could do both. 

Good stuff. I've noticed both my parents are starting to have stiffness in their knee's. So, I gave them this bottle to try! ( recommended dosage is to take 3 capsules daily, preferably with a meal ). Within a couple weeks I've noticed a little ddifferencein them. My dad hasn't been complaining about his knee as much and my mom is able to get up and down a bit quicker and able to go not stand there for a minute before moving because her knees are stiff. This is a pretty good product and I would really recommend it to anyone having these kinda issues! :) 

I got my bottle from Amazon, if you'd like to get one you can go here to do that! 






No comments:

Post a Comment